Tips for managing remote teams using Zoho project management software
A remote team refers to a group of employees who work outside of a traditional office setting. This can include individuals working from coworking spaces, coffee shops or even from a location in a different time zone than their company’s headquarters. Remote teams can take various forms, with some companies choosing to operate only with employees who work remotely. Other companies may offer remote work options as incentives to top-performing employees, while others promote work-life balance by allowing employees to work remotely on their own terms.
The flexibility of remote teams allows businesses to tap into a wider pool of talent and expand their reach beyond their immediate geographic location. It also provides employees with the opportunity to work in an environment that suits their individual needs and preferences, resulting in increased job satisfaction and productivity. Buffer’s 2022 State of Remote Work report reveals that an overwhelming 97% of professionals desire the opportunity to work remotely at least some of the time.
However, with the rise of remote work, managing a remote team has become a significant challenge for many businesses. Issues such as inadequate communication tools, hiring the right resources and missing accountability can all contribute to a lack of cohesion within the team. Also, it can be challenging to set clear roles and tasks, respect everyone’s time and establish schedules that work for everyone. Tracking employee performance can also be difficult in a remote environment.
To overcome these challenges, many businesses in the UK are using project management software for managing remote teams. Here we discuss some of the benefits of using Zoho project management software for managing remote teams:
Zoho Projects is a comprehensive cloud-based software that offers a wide range of features for planning, tracking and collaborating on projects. It includes useful features such as time-logging, project views, Kanban views, task allocation reports, metrics and much more. It provides a centralised location for accessing all the necessary resources, such as documents, time management, calendars and tasks. Some of the features include:
- Project insights: The team can gain insights through Gantt charts to visualise schedules and progress, with critical tasks managed by adding dependencies and setting baselines.
- Collaboration: Social features let employees, clients and vendors work together.
- Time tracking options: The options include budgeting, setting deadlines, using timers and logging billable and non-billable time. All of these can be integrated with Zoho Invoice for invoicing.
- Tracking and fixing issues is made easy: The team can track and fix issues with custom workflows and business rules and integration with GitHub and Bitbucket.
Zoho Sprints is an agile tool that prioritises organisation and efficiency, allowing businesses to quickly adapt to changes and complete projects on time. It is specifically designed to support agile work methods, and it comes equipped with various features such as epics, backlog, reports and a Kanban board that help to streamline workflow. Some of the features include:
- Adapt to customer needs: The team can gather feedback quickly and adjust products to meet customer demands.
- Track tasks: Scrum Board allows for easy tracking of tasks through ‘To Do’, ‘In Progress’ and ‘Done’ columns.
- Manage time: Utilise Timesheets to estimate future sprints accurately or provide clients with a breakdown of time spent.
- Project overview: The Dashboard provides an overview of project status with top user data, sprint summaries, backlog reports and more.
- Project insights: Velocity charts, burn-down reports and Cumulative Flow Diagrams provide actionable insights to learn from each sprint.
- Collaboration: Feeds allow for easy project activity monitoring and scheduling of sprint planning meetings.
Share this article
Looking for the best project planning software in the UK to manage remote teams?
Get in touch with us. We are a trusted Zoho Premium partner. With an experienced team of developers who are passionate about innovation, we handle every aspect of Zoho implementation in-house, ensuring top-quality and customised solutions for each client. We offer end-to-end services, from analysing your business needs and seamless delivery to ongoing support.
Join the A2Z Angle
Looking to stay ahead of the curve in the fast-paced world of tech? Look no further than A2Z Cloud's monthly newsletter. Join us today for exclusive access to deep dives on all the techie subjects you crave, with must read content from our top partners, plus exciting event announcements and inspiring customer stories.
It's all delivered straight to your inbox, once a month only, so you never miss a beat. Sign up below.