Overview of role
This is a busy and dynamic environment with many tasks and projects running in parallel. There could be up to 50 work orders/projects running simultaneously. Potential to develop and lead a team over next 2-3 years.
This role would suit someone currently in an assistant resource management or project management role looking to step up. We are NOT looking for anyone into LEAN or Prince methodologies, they are overkill for the nature of the work we do.
This job involves setting up and monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
To develop solid, robust, high quality resource, project and work order management processes that meet the requirements of the business. To actively manage projects and work orders to a successful conclusion within budget and timescales forecast, using the processes defined.
Essential job functions
● Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
● Scheduling tasks to developers (team of 9 and growing)
● Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
● Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
● Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
● Ensuring project deadlines are met.
● Determining, managing scope creep and other project changes.
● Providing administrative support as needed.
● Undertaking project tasks as required.
● Developing project strategies.
● Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
● Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
● Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
● Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
● Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
– Understanding the ‘products’ the company offers, in particular the scope of the Dynamic Start packages vs a more customised build. Develop and promote template solutions for both product content and project management during project build phases. Identify extensions, add-on apps to be developed and resold.
– Work with the sales and development teams to develop clear, understandable requirement statements and scope of work templates for issue to customers. Develop a series of processes to improve the requirements gathering process documentation and reduce the risk of scope creep during the project lifespan.
– Be the key point of contact for customers during the lifecycle of their project. Responsible for ensuring customers are delivering information to the agreed schedule and assist with managing customer expectations around timelines.
– Take ownership and responsibility for all projects. For each project the project manager should: Resource management – this week, this month, forward looking for 3 – 6 months.
Clarify all assumptions
Create a plan/timeline
Create and manage milestones
Liaise with the team, sales and finance departments, throughout the project
Manage the budget
Manage change requests and scope creep
Identify, communicate and minimise risks
Ensure the goals of the project are met
– Develop and improve the processes around documentation, both internally and client facing. Ensure that all documentation is fit for purpose and correctly purposed for the target audience.
– ensure the project processes are complied with.
KPI’s and Reporting – Develop management KPI’s and reporting dashboards to identify performance against targets for the team as a whole and by individual.
Working knowledge of CRM and CMS systems
Experience of project management strategies, iterative, waterfall, agile etc.
Experience of working with software development teams would be a strong attribute
Knowledge of basic scripting languages
Knowledge of basic HTML markup
Systems used Develop a working knowledge of all Zoho products in particular:
Zoho API’s and development platforms
2 to 5 years’ plus experience of managing multiple fast paced projects simultaneously
An excellent communicator both written and verbal.
Good analysis skills
Understanding of budgeting, especially project profitability
Good personal and team time manager
20 days holiday p.a plus bonuses linked to profitability.